Digital TV Tuning
The full retune should just takes a couple of minutes and may be performed together with your remote control. Here are some directions for how to do it, however every type of digital TV or box should be a bit various.
- Make sure your Freeview TV or field is on as well as in digital mode, typically by pushing the DTV or digital key on your remote. Then press 'menu'.
- Select the 'set up' or 'installation' option. If you notice image icons, find the tool field, satellite meal or spanner. If you are prompted for a code, try 0000 or 1234.
- Choose the complete retune choice. This really is often called very first time set up, 'factory reset', 'default configurations' or 'shipping problems'. Don't pick 'channel upgrade' or 'add channels'.
- Press OK in case your gear asks should you want to delete all your networks. Don't be concerned this might be regular
- Networks will instantly be set up. This might simply take a few minutes as well as your gear may shut down and restart
Note: based on your TV equipment, you may have to update your favourites listing following a retune. Some digital recorders may necessitate planned recordings to be reset.
I don't have cable or satellite, we hooked outdoor antenna up and have had great reception but not now, WHY!!? | Yahoo Answers
ever since television stations went digital we have had our televisions hooked up to an outdoor antenna and have gotten great reception until about two weeks ago now we have no signal, why has this happened and can we do anything to correct it???
Check the cable. You may have had a hungry rat or squirrel chewing on your wires. If that doesn't reveal any problem, plug the antenna input into a different TV and see if that works. If so, it's your TV. If not, it's the antenna or cable. If the first two fixes don't work, try running a second cable from the antenna to the TV to completely bypass the original cable. Finally, verify that the antenna is positioned properly and didn't get blown off line or something.