What is VHF and UHF?
UHF or VHF: Which Is Right For You?
September 18, 2019 – 12:20 am
Clients being not used to business radios are confronted a few confusing options, certainly one of which is the sort of frequency to choose: UHF or VHF. These abbreviations make no sense to most people and without some research it is easy to choose a radio that is not right for your situation.
The quick response is: choose VHF in the event that you want to just utilize the radios outside and in a place which fairly free of obstructions, such as for instance structures. In the event that you anticipate with the radio indoors, both inside and away, or in the open air but around structures, choose UHF. UHF could be the better all-around signal and is the most popular, so if you are in doubt, select UHF.
UHF signals do not travel very since far outside as VHF signals, but they do a better job of penetrating timber, metal, and cement, providing you with better range and performance in urban surroundings and around structures. VHF indicators travel farther, missing obstructions, and usually "hug" the earth better, supplying better overall performance outside or in hilly landscapes.
Buyer's Guide - VHF Business Radios
Buyer's Guide - UHF Business Radios
Two Way Broadcast Basics
MURS: Unlicensed VHF
Radio Compatibility: Which Models Will Be Able To Work Collectively
The Two Means Radio Show TWRS-02 - An Introduction to Business Radios
Winegard FlatWave FL-5000 Indoor HDTV Antenna (Digital OTA TV Antenna / High-VHF / UHF / Ultra-Thin / Black and White - Reversible) - 35 Mile Long Range
- Winegard s best performing indoor antenna (U.S. Patent D656,131)
- No assembly required - just connect it to the back of your TV, run a channel scan and in minutes you ll be enjoying all of your favorite shows, sports, and news...
- Extra long coaxial cable (15 ) included so you can position the FlatWave in the strongest signal areas
- Ultra thin dual color design blends into any surrounding
- Made in the U.S.A. by Winegard Company, the leader in antenna design and manufacturing for nearly 60 years
BaoFeng UV-5R Dual Band Two Way Radio (Black)
- High / Low Power Settings (4W/1W) Programmable Amateur Radio
- Frequency Range: 65-108 MHz (Only commercial FM radio reception) VHF: 136-174 MHz(Rx/Tx). UHF: 400-520 MHz(Rx/Tx)
- Customize Channel Names, the Boot Display and More by Using the PC03 FTDI Programming Cable
- 1500mAh Battery; Broadband (Wide) 25khz / Narrowband (Narrow) 12.5khz Selectable
- AUTO Keypad Lock, Dual Band, Dual Display and Dual Standby
Uniden Handheld Scanner - Black (BC75XLT)
- 300 channels
- Vhf low/high, uhf frequencies
- Close call RF capture Technology with do Not disturb
- Pc programming port & free software
- Narrow band compatible
- 300 Channels: You can program up to 300 channels into the scanner s memory, 30 channels in each of 10 banks. Then, you can scan for transmissions on the stored channels
- Close Call RF Capture Technology: Close Call automatically detects and tunes to nearby transmissions, even if the frequency isn t programmed into a channel
- Runs on 2 AA alkaline or Simple USB charging allows you to recharge your scanner s batteries from a computer, or adapters for many wireless telephones
- Narrowband Compliant: Properly tunes to channels using the Narrowband modulation now required for business and public safety operation
- Ten Preprogrammed Service Search Bands: Easily search for frequencies typically used by Police, Fire/Emergency, Marine, Racing, Civil Air, Ham Radio, Railroad, CB...
Pyle Wireless Microphone System with Belt Pack Transmitter, Handheld, Lavaliere and Headset Mics
Musical Instruments (DJ Tech Pro USA, LLC)
- VHF Narrow Band Receiver - Dual Frequency Design (Channel A/B)
- Includes Wireless Belt Pack Transmitter, Handheld, Headset & Lavaliere Mics - Audio Output Jacks
- High Signal/Noise Ratio Performance - Broad Frequency Response Range & Low Distortion
- Independent Adjustable Volume Control - Volume Control Indicators and Status Signals
- Dual Independent Channel Antennas - RF Signal and AF Signal LED Indicators - Dimensions: 12.7 x 8.5 x 1.9 . Please follow the instruction given in the User Manual...
Times Microwave LMR240-pl259-cb-20, HF VHF UHF, 20 foot Extension Cable
Speakers (Kimberly Distribution LLC dba MPD Digital - US)
- US Made Times Microwave is more flexible than Andrew CNT240 Coax
- PL-259 UHF coax cable connectors - Connects Antennas, Receivers, Meters and Radio transmitters
- 20 feet of coaxial cable USA Made Times Microwave Transmission Line Coaxial Cable with Soldered Silver Plated Connectors Teflon Dielectrics
- Connectors are Milled Brass with Nickel Plating for Durability
- Assembled by MPD Digital - a DoD Supplier - in our GA Facility using MILSPEC Components